Welcome to the 2019 MS Girls Soccer season!
- Our first practice is on Thursday 17th October from 3:45pm-5:15pm on the field, so please bring your sports clothes and football spikes or sports shoes.
- Sign-up is on Wednesday 16 October from 16:15pm with Mr Heimer in room 210.
Information about the season
- Tuesday and Thursday – 3:50pm-5:45pm. Be on time!
- I will often be on the field until 6:00pm, but players can leave earlier in time to catch the bus.
- Be sure to tell one of the coaches if you will be late or absent. You can contact Coach Frater in room 324 or Coach Nikolic or Coach Hiraoka in the PE Office.
- Teamwork, cooperation and respect are important if we want to make this season a successful one. Show commitment to your team, to your teammates and to your coaches.
- You will be a member of a team (blue, red, orange, purple etc.) for this season’s practice games, and member of a squad for the games against other schools. Please make sure you are always here to practice and play. Don’t let your teammates down.
- All games will be on Saturdays, although some tournaments are over two days, Friday and Saturday. If there is no game scheduled against another team, we may play intra-squad games on Saturday afternoons here at school.
- Please wear comfortable sportswear, and wear 2-3 layers to keep warm if the weather becomes colder.
- You must wear shin guards in matches.
- Soccer spikes are preferable but not mandatory for practice. You do need spikes to play in games against other schools, however.
- Hair up and back even for practice.
- NO jewelry.
- We will work on skills, game situations and fitness. Work hard to improve in all of these areas.
- Give 100% effort at all times even if you are tired at the end of school!
- We will have matches against other international schools.
- You will receive a permission slip for each away game.
- You must get a parent to sign it and return it to the coach by the deadline. If you don’t do this you won’t be able to play!
Good luck, and we hope you enjoy playing soccer! If you have any questions, please contact Coach Frater at email@example.com