The Sabers are happy to host high school badminton teams from Nagoya International School and Canadian Academy for friendly badminton matches.
Friday and Saturday, February 24-25, 2017
RESULTS SUMMARY - FALCON DOMINATION: The CA Falcons showed their obvious badminton superiority in winning 17 of 20 matches vs the NIS Dolphins and then 18 of 20 matches vs the host SOIS Sabers. The Dolphins took 13 of 20 matches vs the Sabers. One bright spot for the Sabers was the play of girls singles players Shiori Nakajima and Nanako Ogura who were victorious in their matches.
- Teams: 8 boys and 8 girls.
- Singles 1, singles 2, doubles 1, doubles 2, mixed doubles 1, mixed doubles 2.
- 3 courts.
- Matches: best of 3 sets; sets played to 21 points (must win by 2).
- Shotgun format: next match goes to first court available. Be ready.
- Warm up: 3 minutes. Hurry.
- Players judge themselves. Sabers players will keep score. Sportsmanship.
- Non-tournament play: no final places or trophies. Playing for the love of the game.
- Dolphins arrive at SOIS at about 15:15, in time to get into gym at 15:30 for 16:00 start.
- Dolphins overnight at SOIS on rented futons.
- 09:00 - Dolphins vs Falcons.
- 11:30 - Dolphins finish. Lunch. Departure.
- 12:00 - Falcons vs Sabers
- 14:30 - all finished.